Thinking of Becoming a Coach?
Here's the Facts:
- 1-4 hours per week depending on division (practice,game, & prep)
- We supply all equipment and coaching and league information
- Attend the mandatory informational coaches meeting
- We let coaches choose their practice day
- The seasons are generally 2 months long
- Non-competitive, fun and instructional
- *NEW* Head coaches receive a 50% discount on their child's registration. To receive the discount, a completed coaching application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wait until you receive a confirmation email before registering to ensure discount gets applied.
The purpose of the Covington Parks and Recreation Athletics Program is to provide a quality experience in sports emphasizing sportsmanship, teamwork, participation, and learning. We offer recreation-based leagues that encourage everyone to have fun, no matter the skill level. Our objective is to empower participants through emphasizing effort over achievement and improvement over winning. This culture begins with volunteer coaches focusing on fun, participation, and sportsmanship.
Anyone interested in coaching youth sports needs to fill out a coaching application. Fill out the document below and email it to our Athletics Specialist, Sean Conway- email@example.com
Background Check for Volunteer Coaches
There are three forms all coaches need to turn in before the first game. See below.
Volunteer Acknowledgement, Emergency Contact, Liability Waiver
Volunteer Handbook for coaches
Use this FREE website to communicate with your team. Create a profile and take a look at the tutorial.
Code of Conduct for All Covington Athletic Activities
Code of Conduct
An online course about concussion awareness in youth sports.
Heads Up: Concussions in Youth Sports Training Course & Concussion Fact Sheet
PreSeason Checklist and How to Conduct a Parent Meeting
Soccer Trophy Order Form (OPTIONAL, only if your team decides to get trophies)
Inclement Weather Policy
Covington Parks and Recreation athletic programs will automatically be cancelled due to inclement weather if the Kent Public Schools are closed. Weekend programs may be cancelled at the discretion of the staff if unsafe conditions exist. If a league game is cancelled due to imclement weather, there will not be a make up game scheduled.
Call the Parks and Recreation Weather Hotline at 253.480.2490 for weather related program cancellations.
You can also speak to a cashier at the registration desk by calling 253.480.2480 extension 0.