Each year, 40 community-minded and passionate individuals serve on the City’s commissions. Our commissioners provide valuable leadership to the City through their active participation on the Covington Economic Development Council and the Arts, Human Services, Parks and Recreation, and Planning Commissions.
Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to email@example.com.
Current Openings: Click here for Flyer
- Arts Commission – Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled. Interviews were held on January 27, and further Interview dates will be determined.
- Parks & Recreation Commission - Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled. Interviews were held on January 27, and further interview dates if needed will be determined.
- Planning Commission - Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Interviews were held on January 27, and further interivew dates if needed will be determined.
- Human Services Commission - Applications being accepted for two youth positions. Interview date tentatively set for Tuesday, March 10.
- Arts Commission will have further openings in May. Covington Economic Development Council will have openings in July. Planning Commission will have openings in August. Applications being accepted for all. Interview dates will be determined.