Each year, 40 community-minded and passionate individuals serve on the City’s commissions. Our commissioners provide valuable leadership to the City through their active participation on the Covington Economic Development Council and the Arts, Human Services, Parks and Recreation, and Planning Commissions.
Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Services Commission - applications closed at this time. Appointment tentatively on City Council's September 22 agenda.
- PrePAC - application process is closed. Appointments were made at City Council September 8 meeting.
- Parks & Recreation Commission. Applications being accepted. Three openings for adults or youth inside or outside (2 of the positions) of Covington city limits. The two positions available for outside Covington city limits must be within a three-mile radius of the Covington limits.
- Arts Commission in Spring of 2016.
- Economic Development Council in Summer of 2016.