Each year, 40 community-minded and passionate individuals serve on the City’s commissions. Our commissioners provide valuable leadership to the City through their active participation on the Covington Economic Development Council and the Arts, Human Services, Parks and Recreation, and Planning Commissions.
Now is your chance to join this group of concerned and dedicated citizens who play a significant role in city government. Commission positions are great for citizens who want to be advocates, proactive participants, and leaders in the growth of Covington. Commission members participate in advisory, advocacy, and planning activities.
To be included in an upcoming selection process, please complete a City Commission Application (available by clicking the link on the left side of the page) or at Covington City Hall, 16720 SE 271st St. Applications should be directed to Senior Deputy City Clerk Joan Michaud in person, by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts Commission – position currently open for an adult or youth (ages 14 to 18) working or living in Covington city limits or living within a three-mile radius of Covington city limits. Youth serve for one-year terms, and adults serve for three-year terms. Interview date(s) will be determined.
- Planning Commission - three position terms will expire on August 31. These positions are open to adults living in Covington city limits or living within a three-mile radius of Covington city limits. These positions are four-year terms. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, early evening hours.
- Human Services Commission - position currently open for a youth (ages 14 to 18) living in Covington city llimits or living within a three-mile radius of Covington city limits.
- PrePAC - Applications are being accepted. Inteviews to be determined.
- Parks & Recreation Commission in January 2016.