Domestic Violence Task Force
Serving The Cities of Covington, Maple Valley, and Black Diamond
The Covington Domestic Violence Task Force promotes a strong message that "Domestic Violence Has No Place in Our Community" through collaborative leadership, communication, education and victim support.
The Covington Domestic Violence Task Force (CDVTF) was formed in June of 2004 with the mission of educating the community; providing awareness of domestic violence issues to businesses; and offering resources, support, and practical services to victims and their children. The Task Force is part of the Regional DVTF team - a partnership of six other cities in South King County. Meetings are open to the public and members welcome the support of those who have an interest in creating a positive change to end the cycle of abuse.
- Raise awareness of domestic violence and how it affects the community as a whole.
- Provide assistance and referrals to victims and their families.
- Work to support legislative policies that meet victim needs and hold perpetrators accountable.
TASK FORCE ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Created the Purple Light Nights™ an annual event - October.
- Annual participation in the Covington Days Festival and Parade - July.
- Partners in the South King County Regional Domestic Violence Walk-a-thon - October.
- Provided DV information packets to 151 businesses in Covington - 2006.
- Provided safe housing for victims of abuse.
- Attended Domestic Violence Lobby Day in Olympia - February 2008.
- Currently obtaining a 501(c)(3) non-profit status.
For information call: Victoria at 253-638-1110, Ext. 2237.
President - Victoria Throm
Treasurer - Keith Beach
Secretary - Noreen Beaufrere
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS:
Jeff Wagner, Covington City Mayor Pro Tem
Mechee Burnett, King County Sheriff's - Precinct #3 Community Services Officer
Victoria Throm, Founder of Covington Domestic Violence Task Force
Pat Sullivan, 47th Legislative District Representative
One vacancy to be filled *
*If you are interested in serving on the Advisory Board, please contact Victoria for an application.
Be Part of the Domestic Violence Task Force!
- South King County Community Network
- DAWN, Domestic Abuse Women's Network
- YWCA of Seattle/King County
- South King County Domestic Violence Collaborative
- Men's Network Against Domestic Violence - Calling all men to "The Men's Roll Call" . . . working to end family violence one young man at a time. Please visit www.menagainstdv.org to read about their work and how to get involved.
|Do you have old cell phones, chargers, printer cartridges, video games or DVD movies? Bring your donations to Covington City Hall and support the Covington Domestic Violence Task Force.
These items will be recycled and the proceeds will be used to help victims of domestic violence. Thank you for your support.