The City of Covington’s Parks and Recreation Department is now open for registration for Spring classes.Spring classes will begin in April and run through June. New this Spring are Acting 4 Kidz Classes, Fitness Bootcamp Classes, and Growing Green Kids cooking and gardening classes. Please call the Covington Parks and Recreation office at (253) 480-2480 to register for classes. Online registration is also available for most classes.
Join our high intensity interval training (HIIT) program and learn to love working out again. Incorporating strength, balance, agility, core stability, cardio, and flexibility your experience will include constant motivation, positive reinforcement and a fun, safe environment. This class is perfect for all different fitness levels, ages, and sizes.
- Register at www.fitnessbootcamp.com
- E-mail Melissa for more information: email@example.com
- * Saturday classes is from 8:15am-9am
|$108.00 + tax||M/W/F||May 1, 2015 - May 29, 2015||9:15am-10am||Ages 14+|
|$108.00 + tax||T/Th/Sat||May 2, 2015 - May 29, 2015||5:30am-6:15am*||Ages 14+|
|$40.00 + tax||Sat||May 2, 2015 - May 29, 2015||8:15am-9am||Ages 14+|
|$108.00 + tax||M/W/F||Jun 1, 2015 - June 29, 2015||9:15am-10am||Ages 14+|
|$108.00 + tax||T/Th/Sat||Jun 2, 2015 - June 29, 2015||5:30am-6:15am*||Ages 14+|
|$40.00 + tax||Sat||Jun 6, 2015 - June 29, 2015||8:15am-9am||Ages 14+|
Build and explore crazy good contraptions that really work your brain! You will use LEGO Bricks, axles, pulleys, gears, and motors to create fun and interactive models. Have a game with friends in an exciting Battle Tops and Fooseball playoffs. Put your hand-eye coordination to the test with the Ping-Pong Popper model. Experiment with the Mini Fig mover to see how this model will send your mini figure from point A to point B. All this and more are waiting to be discovered as you learn and play with Cranium Contraptions! Classes are held at Covington Elementary Room 12.
22252 $45.00 Thu May 7, 2015 - May 21, 2015 3:45-4:45pm Ages 5-12 22253 $45.00 Thu May 28, 2015 - June 11, 2015 3:45-4:45pm Ages 5-12
Five weeks of hands-on gardening and cooking activities! Travel a plant's life from seed to seed, plant and grow your on salad garden and taste your way through the five food groups with delicious and nutritious dishes each week. You'll also discover how nutrients help up to Go, Grow, and Glow!
|22299||$105.00||Wed||May 6, 2015 - June 3, 2015||4pm-5:30pm||Ages 6-12|
- Come join the "fitness party" and dance your way to fitness using fun, high-energy Latin and international rhythms. It's easy to do effective and exhilarating. Wear your workout clothes; comfortable, low-traction shoes and bring a bottle of water. No dance experience is necessary. Ladies only! Register ahead of time or buy a punch card (5 visits for $30.00). For more information contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22261 $27.00 Tu/Th April 2, 2015 - April 30, 2015 5:55pm-6:55pm Ages 14+ 22263 $36.00 Tu/Th May 5, 2015 - May 28, 2015 5:55pm-6:55pm Ages 14+ 22265 $18.00 Tu/Th June 2, 2015 - June 11, 2015 5:55pm-6:55pm Ages 14+
Encore Dance Academy offers classes in Creative Movement, Ballet, Tap, and Jazz for ages 2-9. Our instructors are caring, talented, compassionate and fun! Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in our spring recital on Friday June 5th at 6pm at Kentlake High School Performing Arts Center. Classes are held in the Community Room at Covington City Hall. With our convenient location, you can get some shopping done at nearby stores while your little ones attend the dance class!
Dance: Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet & Tap 22286 $70.00 Wed Apr 22, 2015 - June 3, 2015 10:30am-11:15am Ages 2-4 Dance: Ballet & Tap 22288 $70.00 Thu Apr 23, 2015 - June 4, 2015 4:15pm-5pm Ages 5-6 Dance: Ballet/Tap/Jazz Combo 22285 $70.00 Thu Apr 23, 2015 - June 4, 2015 5pm-5:50pm Ages 7-9
- Kidz Love Soccer has a team of trained instructors that love teaching and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the soccer field. Using our field-tested and age-appropriate proprietary curriculum, our youth classes teach kids all the fundamentals of soccer in a high-energy, non-competitive program designed to encourage good sportsmanship and a love for sports.
|Kidz Love Soccer 2: Skillz & Scrimmages||22256||$64.00||Wed||May 6, 2015 - June 3, 2015||4pm-4:45pm||Ages 7-10|
|Kidz Love Soccer: Soccer 1 Techniques and Teamwork||22254||$64.00||Wed||May 6, 2015 - June 3, 2015||4:45pm-5:30pm||Ages 5-6|
|Kidz Love Soccer: Tot/Pre-Soccer||22255||$64.00||Wed||May 6, 2015 - June 3, 2015||5:30pm-6:05pm||Ages 3.5-5|
|Kidz Love Soccer: Mommy/Daddy & Me||22257||$64.00||Wed||May 6, 2015 - June 3, 2015||6:15pm-6:45pm||Ages 2-3.5|
- This youth baseball camp for youth ages 8-13 is well suited for all players, from the aspiring to the elite. Hitting, throwing, games, scrimmages, and much more. Don't miss out on the fun! Steve Goucher is a former professional baseball player and an Atlanta Braves scout. He has taught and coached baseball for over 17 years and is highly recommended by both parents and participants.
|22284||$139.00||Mon-Thu||Jun 22, 2015 - June 25, 2015||9am-12pm||Ages 8-13|
- Boys and Girls, come for a day of fun while earning your Super Sitters Certificate! This class will cover leadership and the business of babysitting, basic care for children, understanding children of different age groups, safety and first aid. Bring a sack lunch and snack to class. Register early as this class fills quickly! Boys can be babysitters too!
|22201||$65.00||Sat||May 2, 2015||9am-2pm||Ages 11-16|
- Come learn how to be responsible and safe in any situation. We will cover family communication, first aid, internet, gun, phone, and door safety.
|22202||$30.00||Sat||May 2, 2015||2pm-4pm||Ages 8-11|
The following classes will be held at Hart’s Gymnastic Center www.hartsgymnastics.com
At Hart’s Gymnastic Center we combine the fun with fitness while offering you the best gymnastic instruction in the Northwest!
- Gymnastics Girls (Ages 6 - 12)
- Gymnastics Boys (Ages 6 - 12)
- Preschool (Ages 3 - 5)
- Movement (Ages 16 mos - 3 years)
- Martial Arts Coed, Ages 4+ (Mon afternoon)
- Martial Arts Coed, Ages 4-9 (Tues/Thurs and Sat option available)
- Martial Arts Coed, Ages 10+ (Tues/Thurs and Sat option available)