The Covington Aquatic Center is now open with limited, by-appointment-only programming. Opening is an incremental process, adding programs as governmental restrictions allow. Our schedule is subject to change at any time as we receive new information.
If you are interested in registering for a program, day, or time, that is not yet available, please e-mail email@example.com to be added to contact lists, and we will inform you as soon as registration is available!
Programs through June 19, 2021 are open for registration!
Pre-registration is required for all programs at this time, and registration will only be available online or over-the-phone. The physical front desk/office of the Covington Parks & Recreation Department will remain closed in the initial phases of re-opening.
|Swimming Lessons|| Private and Semi-Private Lessons
|Recreation Swims||Important Notes|
Lap Swim (25-minute increments, $5.00 per session)
Lap Swimming allows a maximum of two swimmers per lane. Swimmers rest, enter and exit the pool water on opposite ends of the lane, and must maintain social distancing except when passing while swimming.
Deep-end lanes are lengthwise and 25-yards
Slots are available throughout the day; the schedule is different than previous schedules. There will generally be other programs, such as swimming lessons, going on during the same time in other lanes.
Booking 2 consecutive sessions, when available will increase time by 5-minutes, as no transition will be necessary in the middle, but there is no additional savings.
We will have optional WaterX workouts available for pickup at the Check-In Station in the Covington Aquatic Center Lobby for anyone interested.
Register for Spring (March 1, 2021 - June 19, 2021) Lap Swims Online Here or call (253) 480-2480
Recreation Swim (25-minute increments, $5.00 per session)
A Single section of the shallow end (one half of a full shallow end lane) reserved for recreation swimming. Each swimmer must register for their own section, except for a support person.
Slots are available throughout the day; the schedule is different than previous schedules. There will generally be other programs, such as swimming lessons, going on during the same time in other lanes of the pool.
Participants under the age of 6 require an adult from the same household in the water with them for safety and support; register the child and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the accompanying adult's full name.
Booking 2 consecutive sessions, when available will increase time by 5 minutes, as no transition will be necessary in the middle, but there is no additional savings.
Register for Spring (March 1, 2021 - June 19, 2021) Recreation Swims Online Here or call (253) 480-2480
Our swimming lessons look quite different! – Instructors will be teaching from the pool deck, and participants in lower-level classes that require physical support will require an adult from their household in the water with them (similar to our traditional “Parent & Child” classes)
Each student (and their supporter, if applicable) will have an assigned space in the water
Classes will run for 25-minutes to allow for 5-minute transitions
Weekday evening group lessons run in a session of either 4 weeks, 2days/week.
Friday evening and Saturday morning group lessons run in a 8-class session, 1 day/week for 8 weeks
Register for Spring (March 1, 2021 - June 19, 2021) Swimming Lessons Online Here or call (253) 480-2480
Private (and semi-private) Lessons
Private (or semi-private) lessons are booked individually in 25-minute sessions
NEW* 4-or-5 class session (same time and day each week for 4 or 5 weeks)
As long as required by social distancing rules, instructors will need to maintain social distance from students, so lower-level students will require adults from their households for support in the water; these are still “private lessons,” and will not be charged for the additional person.
Register for Spring (March 1, 2021 - June 19, 2021) Private Lessons Online Here or call (253) 480-2480
These instructor led water exercise classes are a great way to get moving! The cost is $10 for 55-minute classes – memberships are not available at this time.
Register for Spring (March 1, 2021 - June 19, 2021) WaterX Classes Online Here or call (253) 480-2480
Only participants with an appointment (including adults providing in-water support for a registered student) may enter the facility during our initial re-opening phases, due to capacity constraints and safety regulations.
Spectators will generally not be allowed; exceptions must be pre-approved by an Aquatics Specialist, and will be granted as a reasonable accommodation, if needed to support an in-water participant. If you would like to request an exception, please e-mail email@example.com at the time of registration and no less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. Siblings of registered participants and other children who will not be in the water during a given time may not attend as spectator. Capacity is being strictly limited, and we cannot provide supervision for unattended children.
An adult may provide support to multiple students in the same swimming class under some circumstances, but we recommend coordinating with an Aquatics Specialist to ensure the best possible lane assignments and other arrangements. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate this, as needed.
- Facemasks will be required for all participants at all times in the facility except while in the shower or in the pool, unless otherwise allowed by law (i.e. reasonable accommodation for hearing impaired)
- The Locker Rooms will be one-way travel only, and participants must come during their arranged time.
- Participants may not enter the facility more than 10-minutes prior to their scheduled water time.
- Participants should arrive in swimming suits (clothes may be worn over swimming suits, but locker room schedules will allow insufficient time to fully change).
- Participants may remove their outer clothing in the locker room, and shower, but all belongings should go onto the pool deck (nothing should be left in the locker room, as it is for entry to the pool deck only – no return trip!)
- Showers will be required for pool entry, but no showers will be available after exiting the water.
- Participants will be given a Safety Briefing prior to their scheduled appointment time; this must be reviewed and a waiver must be signed by the participant or a parent/guardian (for minors) https://www.covingtonwa.gov/newsdetail_T1_R1730.php
- Memberships are not available at this time, as we are only offering pre-registration programs, and no "drop-in" activities.
- Participants may not enter the facility if any of the following applies:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (have not recovered or are still within the required 14-day quarantine)
- Have had a fever within the past 3 days (72 hours) without the use of fever-reducing medications
- Have had respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) within the past 3 days (72 hours)
- Started having symptoms within the past 10 days
- Have had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID19 (within the last 14 days)
- Please make a note of the Aquatics Refund Policy:
Aquatics Refund Policy: All lessons credits and refunds must be pre-approved and will only be given to those who have missed five classes or more due to an extended illness or injury. An administrative fee of $10.00 per student will be assessed for each lesson refund processed. All other credits or refunds must be requested at least one week prior to the start of the program, event or rental and will carry a $10.00 administrative fee for processing.
- Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) Check Policy: A NSF check processing fee will be imposed for all returned checks and could result in refusal of future participation.