Here are the Facts:
- 1-4 hours per week depending on division (practice, game, & prep)
- We supply all equipment and coaching and league information
- Attend the mandatory informational coach meeting
- We let coaches choose their practice day
- The seasons are generally 2 months long
- Non-competitive, fun, and instructional
- Head coaches receive a 50% discount on their child's registration. To receive the discount, a completed coaching application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wait until you receive a confirmation email before registering to ensure the discount gets applied.
The purpose of the Covington Parks and Recreation Athletics Program is to provide a quality experience in sports emphasizing sportsmanship, teamwork, participation, and learning. We offer recreation-based leagues that encourage everyone to have fun, no matter the skill level. Our objective is to empower participants by emphasizing effort over achievement and improvement over winning. This culture begins with volunteer coaches focusing on fun, participation, and sportsmanship.
Anyone interested in coaching youth sports needs to fill out an online coach application, background check, and upload the certificates from the COVID and child abuse prevention course (free of charge). If you have any questions please contact our Athletics Specialist, email@example.com.
All volunteer coaches also need to complete the following:
- Background Check/Coach Application
- COVID Training (Select state, select order course, create an account, save the certificate and upload along with coach application)
- Child Abuse Prevention (Select state, select order course, create an account, save the certificate and upload along with coach application)
- Concussions in Youth Sports Training Course & Concussion Fact Sheet
Additional Information for parents and coaches:
Code of Conduct
PreSeason Checklist and How to Conduct a Parent Meeting
Trophy Order Form (OPTIONAL, only if your team decides to get trophies)