Strategic Long Range Planning works closely with citizens to understand and address change in the City of Covington. With input from citizens and the business community, staff works on projects and plans that will guide Covington’s future growth. These efforts are enhanced by guidance from the Planning Commission and policy direction provided through the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
Staff also coordinates with other agencies on regional planning issues, monitors legislative activity and undertakes special projects as directed by the City Council or City Manger.
View information on the city's Comprehensive Plan and annual docketing process.
Recently approved & on-going comprehensive plan and code amendment projects
- Periodic Review & Update of the Shoreline Master Program
- Docketed 2018 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Privately-initiated code amendment to CMC Title 8.20 Noise Control (Permit #LA18-0005)
- City-initiated code amendment to CMC Chapter 18.55 Signs (Permit #LA18-0008)
- Periodic Update of the Critical Area Regulations approved in 2017