MISSION - Why are we here?
The Covington Police Department is a trusted partner in fighting crime and improving the quality of life for our residents and guests.
VISION - Where are we going?
The Covington Police Department is a highly effective and respected law enforcement agency and criminal justice partner, both trusted and supported, helping Covington to be one of the safest cities in America.
GOALS - How will we get there?
Through community engagement and collaboration we will:
- Develop and sustain public trust, value and support.
- Reduce crime and improve the community’s sense of security.
- Improve traffic safety by reducing impaired and unsafe driving behaviors and traffic collisions.
- Recruit, hire, train and promote the best people, reflective of the community we serve, to provide
high quality, professional and responsive service.
- Provide facilities, equipment, and technology that support achievement of our mission.
- Prepare to respond to and resolve critical incidents and disasters.
OUR VALUES - How do we do business?
- We are honest, respectful, effective and humble
- We have clear expectations
- Our managers model expectations and we lead by example from all levels
- We are open, transparent and accountable to the public we serve
- We acknowledge that public trust matters – all the time
- Good faith performance errors are addressed through training
- Bad faith, criminal behavior, abuse of authority, and repeated or egregious acts are not tolerated
- We are timely in our response and seek every opportunity to have positive impact on the people we serve.
- We are good stewards of taxpayer dollars, engage and collaborate, and strive to innovate.
- We focus on hot spot locations, high impact and repeat offenders, and visible presence when needed
- We recognize that relevant training and effective communications increase public and officer safety
- We fight crime constitutionally
- Our managers coach, mentor and develop a strong team culture